1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unknown filesystem... Backup booting....

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by R-Style, Mar 8, 2005.

1. R-Style

R-Style Member

I have installed the viper mod chip.
    and i renamed a game gcm to iso and burned it with nero. and then when i load it with cobra 0.4... it doesn't load the game... when i look to disc explorer it can read original games but not backups.. it says with backups unknown filesystem. did i burn the disk wrong... or is there a problem with the modification of the gamecube.. i use Memorex mini-DVD

2. Ize

Ize Regular member

are you finalizing the DVD?

It won't work otherwise.

3. Artlover

Artlover Member

Cubes are very picky.

Media makes a difference. Expecialy mini-media. A lot of them will not work in the cube, especially if you haven't tweaked the laser. (Even if you tweak the laser, some media doesn't work). Fullsize media generaly has slightly less compatabilty problems, but I think only because there is a greater assortment of fullsize media avaialble and not because of any inherent difference between the two.

Burner makes a difference. People seem to have the best luck burning with Pioneer A0x series and NEC 35xx series drives.

Iso image. It is a full size unwiped image, or is it small wiped image? If not, you're going to need to run fstfix14b on it to fix it.