1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unknown software exception(0xe06d7363) in app at location(0x7c812a5b)... bcmwltry.exe

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by duboy1, Jul 10, 2007.

1. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

Can someone please help me out here. I restarted the computer and now this error comes up and i click ok to close it and it just keeps coming back and wont let me load to the desktop. I was just going to run a system restore because its a dell, but i need to backup stuff and i dont know a way to run a program in order to get my external 200gb hard drive connected and save the info to it from the infected hard drive. Can someone help me out. Thanks!

2. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

Can someone please help me out here. I restarted the computer and now this error comes up and i click ok to close it and it just keeps coming back and wont let me load to the desktop. I was just going to run a system restore because its a dell, but i need to backup stuff and i dont know a way to run a program in order to get my external 200gb hard drive connected and save the info to it from the infected hard drive. Can someone help me out. Thanks!

3. Auttaja

Auttaja Guest

Download Hijackthis ver. 1.99.1 from HERE and save it to your Desktop.
    Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
    By default it will install to C:\Program Files\HijackThis.
    Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the "Select Addition Tasks" dialogue.
    Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
    Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
    At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch HijackThis.
    Click on the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
    Copy and paste the log to this topic

DO NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

4. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

yea, i would do that just i cant get to my desktop. Is there anyway to get around it by running an operating system on a disc so i can pick up my external hard drive and save all the info on my laptop's hard drive? Thanks for the help.

edit: i did try windows xp usb live edition and got it running from a flash drive, but it wouldnt read my external hard drive.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  5. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

Am i in the wrong forum to talk about this? I just assumed it had something to do with adware. If i am in the wrong forum, could you direct me to the correct one. Thanks a lot.

6. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

n/m, i got it to work