1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unleash X + XBMC + Emulators

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Rurouni01, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Rurouni01

Rurouni01 Member

hello everybody

well I just bought a new HD for my Xbox and installed UnleashX dashboard.

Now I need some help, because before its old HD got messed up, I could watch movies, listen to music and play different kind of old video games like N64, Snes with Emulators. It had surreal 64 xxx for N64 and ZsnexBox for Snes.

I have downloaded the emulators but I don’t know where I can find the XBMC :S, can anyone tell me what software I can use to watch movies and listen to music like before? And how can I set it up?

I installed UnleashX (said before) and it doesn’t have the emulators menu, but it used to have it before

[​IMG]

To be quite honest I have no idea about how to set the emulators up :S can anyone help me with that too ? or give me some links so I can find info?

I’ll really appreciate your help

Thx very much.

2. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

An auto installer deluxe disc will have everything you need. Different dashes, all the emulators and all the apps.

http://www.aidtracker.com

just download the torrent file, download a torrent client and it will download the file.

burn the iso to a dvd and you can throw it in your xbox. The rest is self explanitory.

The games for the emulators are called roms and they are fairly easy to find.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your main menu file has changed, all you have to do is add the title and the directory it switches to.

Ftp to your xbox and go to your C:. You should see config.xml. Click it and drag it to the desktop. Then right click the file and select edit, it should open up notepad. Press Ctrl+F and it will bring up a find prompt. Type "<menu>" in the find prompt and hit find. It will bring you to a string of code that looks like this.

<Menu>
    <Item Action="LaunchDVD">Launch DVD</Item>
    <List Text="Games" Sort="On" Auto="On" DelayLoad="True">
    <Path>E:\Games</Path>
    <Path>E:\HDDLoader</Path>
    <Path>F:\Games</Path>
    <Path>F:\HDDLoader</Path>
    <Path>G:\Games</Path>
    <Path>G:\HDDLoader</Path>
    </List>
    <List Text="Applications" Sort="On" Auto="On">
    <Path>E:\Apps</Path>
    <Path>F:\Apps</Path>
    <Path>G:\Apps</Path>
    </List>
    <List Text="Emulators" Sort="On" Auto="On">
    <Path>E:\Emulators</Path>
    <Path>F:\Emulators</Path>
    <Path>G:\Emulators</Path>
    </List>

Yours won't have the emulators string so just add that to your file and then press Ctrl+S to save. You can now close the file and transfer it back over to your xbox. It will ask you if you want to overwrite the file and say yes then when it's done transfering just restart your xbox and it should reboot with the emulators option.

I think that's enough help for one post. If you need more help let me know.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  3. Rurouni01

Rurouni01 Member

:p Thank you so much C4RN1. I'm downloading the ''auto installer deluxe'', and then I'll let you know.

again, thank you so much for your help!!!

4. Sh1nta

Sh1nta Member

i just downloaded the pack and i am deff confused can u explain more about the download and how to get the addons and what ones u should use and things like that so i can understand just a bit more... thank u..

when i put the disk in my xbox drive it comes up and says unleashx and then does nothing like there was nothing to install or update... please help

5. Rurouni01

Rurouni01 Member

First of all I wanna apologize for not answering earlier.

I already downloaded the ''auto installer deluxe''…. After installing it, the Unleashx didn’t have sounds. Then I copied the audio folder of MS Dash 5960 (Clean) downloaded from Here and now I have all sounds... I would like to know if that won’t bring problem in the future. On the other hand everything's working well, (like before) and I just wanna say

''Thank you''

6. TKDKurisu

TKDKurisu Member

Lol, just because other people use my Xbox sometimes, I completely removed the "Format Menu" option! XD Just so no one decides to try to see what it would do!