1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UnleashX error, no dashboard, HELP!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by joshjames, May 24, 2007.

1. joshjames

joshjames Member

My friend gave me a mem. card with the linux save for splinter cell and I opened it but it just turned the screen a different color. After my friend and I found that the file was a dud, he gave me the good save. When I loaded it the blue screen came up, but without the installation options. It had turn softmod on/off, uninstall softmod, extras, and something else. When I tried to uninstall, it says error and won't and when I try to switch it off it says error and won't do it. When I hit the eject button, the disc came out a little, then went back in and a message saying my xbox needs service came up. My xbox will now still play games, but doesnt load a dashboard, when the game comes out, error screen, power off, and start over. Can anybody tell me if I can fix this and how? Oh, and it says my xbox drives are locked in the system menu, if that matters.

2. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

i have had this problem. when you get to the screen that says turn softmod on/off go to setting and make your ip static. thn ftp to your computer. now you can put stuff on the hard drive. download shademands softmod kit. then copy the files from c to your c folder after you delete the files that were already there.

3. joshjames

joshjames Member

Thanks, I asked my friend about it and he said he could come over and do that for me. That's good news that I can get that fixed. Thanks again.