1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UnleashX Live Update Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by TKDKurisu, Mar 18, 2008.

1. TKDKurisu

TKDKurisu Member

Every time I try to use Live Update it gives me the 11002 error. I've googled the hell out of it and just can't seem to find a solution. Could someone please specifically walk me through this process? Also, I tried using mIrc to check xbins as everyone suggested, but it tells me xbins doesn't exist... If I can get Live Update to work, that won't matter. Please, help!

2. slvrblt

slvrblt Member

The same thing happens when I attempt to use Live Update. I think there is a problem with this feature in the latest build. There was a note with the change log saying that the Live Update server will only work with V0.39.0515A Build 583. I just FTP in and update rather than use the Live Update. Hopefully, the issue will be fixed soon in a newer build.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  3. TKDKurisu

TKDKurisu Member

Uhm... Yeah, about that... Would you mind walking me through GETTING the update and how to FTP it to the system? I know how to FTP files to it, but I don't want to risk messing up and ruining my system.

4. slvrblt

slvrblt Member

Sure. I need you to tell me how your file system is structured. Do you have a dashboards folder? List the contents of your drive for me. As for getting the update, Google Unleashx V0.39.0528a Build 584. I don't believe I'm allowed to post a link for that here, forum rules and all.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  5. TKDKurisu

TKDKurisu Member

Thanks. Ok, I'll list that all for you later today. Also, is that version you want me to find the newest? And while I'm at it, if you don't mind, I have a slightly off-topic second question: I have the XBoyAdvance emulator on my Xbox. I've been playing The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX. There's a secret dungeon you can ONLY access while playing the game on a Gameboy Color. I set the "Gameboy Type" to "GB/GBC" but it doesn't recognize it in the game, and I can't access the dungeon. I am POSITIVE that I've completed ALL other requirements for this. Is there a setting in the XBoyAdvance menu that I didn't set correctly? If you don't know, it's fine. Thanks, and I'll talk to you again very soon!

6. slvrblt

slvrblt Member

Yes, that is the latest version. I'm going to do a little research on the GameBoy Advance issue, but you may want to try updating to the latest version of the emulator. I use that for several games and I haven't had an issue, so it may be the version you're using.

7. TKDKurisu

TKDKurisu Member

Thank you very much! Looks like I'll have to post that information Monday though. Sorry.

8. TKDKurisu

TKDKurisu Member

Well, after a long bout of not having internet.... I'm back. Hopefully you'll read this and be able to help me... As requested, here are the contents of my Xbox:

[​IMG]

Also, I have all the files to install Unleashx0.39.0528A Build 584. Or at least I think I do... They are:
    Config.xml
    Default.xbe
    English.xml
    French.xml
    German.xml
    Spanish.xml
    Unleashx0.39.0528A.nfo
    MetallicAtmosphere.zip
    And of course the readme file.

9. TKDKurisu

TKDKurisu Member

If you need the contents of any of the other folders, let me know and I'll upload pics. There were just way too many files to show them all. ^_^

10. slvrblt

slvrblt Member

Hey there! I assumed you had gotten this working and forgot about me...lol. Sorry to hear about the internet troubles. The files in the Unleash folder seem to be all there, so we should be fine in that aspect. What you are going to want to do is FTP the files from the UnleashX file you downloaded to the C: Drive, where your evoxdash.xbe file is if I'm not mistaking. But before you do that, did you rename your original Unleash installation evoxdash.xbe or are you using Evox as well? If the evoxdash.xbe is your original Unleash installation, you can simply rename the file to oldevoxdash.xbe and name the new file (Default.xbe)to evoxdash.xbe and it should work fine. Let me know first though, to prevent a mistake.
    EDIT I just noticed you have a few .xbe files on that drive what is on the E:? Make sure that whatever file you rename is the old UnleashX install first or you could be in trouble. Walk me through which dashboards you are using. I don't want to tell you wrong. I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  11. TKDKurisu

TKDKurisu Member

No, I never renamed any of them... And no I'm not using EvoX... I used an auto-installer and choose UnleashX. I was confused by the evox.xbe too. I'm not sure what to think. Maybe E drive is my main and C is the backup?.... I have no idea honestly, but I'm paranoid that if I just try to do it before I'm 100% sure I'll mess up my system and won't be able to use it anymore... Anywho, here are the contents of E.
    [​IMG]
    By the way, E drive has a great deal more space than the C drive, if that helps any.

12. slvrblt

slvrblt Member

Things here just got a bit more confusing. I see that you have evoxdash.xbe on both Partitions C and E. Without knowing which file is your main dash, I'm a little confused...lol. On my system, The C Partition holds the original MS Dash files only. Then on E I have my Emulator files and all the roms and the custom dash. I set this up in this manner to avoid the confusion you are now experiencing. My thought would be that UnleashX should be on the E Partition. C: is the place where all the original XBOX files should be saved. That is, of course, a shot in the dark here. Typically, there should be no exoxdash.xbe on the C Partition at all. Here is what C: should look like:
    [​IMG]

The file evoxdash.xbe appears to be the same file on both partitons. It is exactly the same size on both. You may have them copied to both locations by mistake. If you look at the Unleashx dash at the very bottom, it should have drive letters. Once you get a chance let me know what those are. Also go into Settings, System, Scroll to XBOX Info and Hit A on the controller. Scroll down to UnleashX. It should have the Version, Path, etc. Give me that info as well. This should help me sort out which is which.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  13. TKDKurisu

TKDKurisu Member

"If you look at the UnleashX dash at the very bottom, it should have drive letters." .....?? You mean on the Xbox itself? On the main screen I see my drive letters in the upper left....

C: 321.06 MB free
    E: 442.56 MB free
    F: 0 free

That's what it shows me...

"Also go into Settings, System, Scroll to XBOX Info and Hit A on the controller. Scroll down to UnleashX. It should have the Version, Path, etc."
    Uhm... My menu is totally different...On my main menu I go to System, then Settings, then another System menu. It says:

Xbox Info
    Dash Version 0.37.1218A Build 543
    Xbox Info [More Information]*
    Xbox Name Kurisu X
    File Operation
    Auto-Rename No
    Auto-Patch XBE Yes
    Abort On Error Yes
    Def. Backup Folder
    Context Menu
    Allow Uninstall No
    Allow Menu Edit No
    Allow Recent List Yes
    Open Game Folder Yes
    Open Saves Folder No
    Font
    Font Scale 1.0x
    Scroll Speed 20
    Temperature
    M/B Temp 129.70 F
    CPU Temp 129.70 F
    Use Fahrenheit Yes
    Temp. Threshold 0 C
    Fan Speed 1.0x
    Misc
    LED Color Green
    Auto Turn off (Min.) 0
    Screen Saver
    Wait (sec.) 60
    Screen Saver Text
    Enable BGM Yes
    Skin
    Skins Path Skins\
    Current Skin Green Reloaded
    RSS Newsfeed
    Enable No
    Interval (sec.) 30
    Save
    Save
    Reset (Cancel Changes)
    Exit

14. TKDKurisu

TKDKurisu Member

*More Information menu shown here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~XBOX INFO
    Language------------------English
    Game Region---------------Region 1 (North America)
    Video Standard------------NTSC M
    Audio---------------------Stereo
    AV Cable------------------Standard AV Pack
    Parental Control----------All games
    DVD Region----------------Region 1
    Version
    Serial Number-------------507296652205
    HDD Key-------------------542843ced5ec640622elc5d3ae36bc36
    Kernel Version------------1.0.5838.1
    Hardware Info-------------Flags:1616 GPU Rev: 225 MPC Rev: 213
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DEVICES
    Gamepad-------------------Port: 1
    InfraRed------------------Port:
    Keyboard------------------Port:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~STORAGE
    Just the amount of space on each drive. Too much trouble to list it all.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NETWORK
    Just my network info. Again, too much to list.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FTP STATISTICS
    Status--------------------Active
    Current-------------------0 Users
    Total---------------------0 Connections
    Received------------------0
    Sent----------------------0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~UnleashX (I assume this is the one you want.)
    Version-------------------0.37.1218A Build 543
    Mode----------------------Dashboard
    Path----------------------C:\
    Phy. Location-------------\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\evoxdash.xbe
    Threads-------------------5
    Memory--------------------Total: 65536 KB Free 46212 KB
    Video Buffer--------------W640 H480

15. slvrblt

slvrblt Member

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~UnleashX (I assume this is the one you want.)
    Version-------------------0.37.1218A Build 543
    Mode----------------------Dashboard
    Path----------------------C:\
    Phy. Location-------------\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\evoxdash.xbe
    Threads-------------------5
    Memory--------------------Total: 65536 KB Free 46212 KB
    Video Buffer--------------W640 H480

Your dash is stored on the C Partition. This is the one you want to rename. FTP the new files to the C: Drive and name it the same as the old one (evoxdash.xbe) Make sure to rename the old installation first. This should do the trick!

16. TKDKurisu

TKDKurisu Member

I'll try it out later tonight and let you know how it goes. I'm a bit nervous to do it. There's always the chance that it won't work right... If that's the case, I'm screwed. I wouldn't even know how to begin going about fixing it. Also, I noticed from the screen shot you posted that you use MSN Messenger. Would you mind if I added you? ^_^

17. TKDKurisu

TKDKurisu Member

OK!! I installed the updated .xbe and it works! I damn near had a heart attack when I did it though..... Lol! Anywho, I also replaced the Config.xml file... Now I understand that this overwrites all my old settings..... But would it even be safe to keep my OLD Config.xml, or should I just use the new one and re-configure everything? I don't wanna take any big risks as I can't afford to replace the system should something happen.

18. TKDKurisu

TKDKurisu Member

Uhm... Quick question now that I'm up to date... My "Emulators" menu is gone... How do I restore it? The files are still there. I googled the problem and all I found were vague answers. Sorry to ask so many questions.

19. slvrblt

slvrblt Member

That's okay, I happen to like questions. Sure you can add me to the Messenger. My screen name is *removed*. Congrats on getting things up and running. In order to get your Emulator menu back, you have to go into Config.xml and change the path. Here is what that should look like

</List>
    <List Text="Emulators" Sort="On" Auto="On">
    <Path>E:\Emulators</Path>
    <Path>F:\Emulators</Path>

Add this code under the menu area in the config.xml file. What you are gonna need to do is open the config.xml file from your computer's hard drive and FTP the file back to the XBOX after you make your changes. Otherwise it will not open. Save it someplace where you can find it and open with notepad.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  20. slvrblt

slvrblt Member

Remember to save the file after you make the changes and BEFORE you FTP it. You can do this by simply going to File and Save in Notepad.