1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unlock iphone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by klkrab, Dec 2, 2013.

1. klkrab

klkrab Newbie

I have an att iphone 4s. I want to use that phone, but with straighttalk. The people with straighttalk said I need to unlock it first.
    1) For my non-accepted sim card can I just buy a sim card through straighttalk?
    2) How can I unlock my iphone 4s? Att won't unlock iphones right now-don't know why.
    Thanks!!

2. hanoobal

hanoobal Regular member

The only way to unlock an iPhone is through Apple via the carrier your iPhone is locked with.

3. Tamara_91

Tamara_91 Newbie

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Tamara_91, you look like a spammer & if i see you post as a spammer then i will ban you & delete your posts so be very carefull what you post.

5. Tamara_91

Tamara_91 Newbie

thank you for warning me I'll be cafeull. I deleted my post if you don't like it but I can't understand why you decided that I look like a spammer?

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

because i've seen enough of them to know what i'm looking for in a spammer post. you didn't delete you post being you still have klkrab's quote in it. you can't delete a post just edit it as only moderators & admin can actually delete posts.

7. Tamara_91

Tamara_91 Newbie

I didn't delete it cause I don't know how to delete so I just edited as you see no problem if you delete it but I'm not going to spam anything :)))

8. Zisis

Zisis Newbie

Hey there,

In order to Unlock your iPhone 4s from AT&T carrier, you either have to contact AT&T for it (Assuming that your contract is ended) or make an Official IMEI Unlock. This costs around $50, and it can unlock permanently your iPhone (Its IMEI number do be more precise).
    There is a hardware method too, but I havent heard many good things for them, so I would stay away from them.
    Just to know, the AT&T uses GSM, which means that if the carrier you want to use uses CDMA, you will not be able to use it!
    Personally, I unlocked my iPhone 4s which was on Softbank carrier, and now I can use normally my countrys carriers without any issue (Although Softbank was a bit expensive :().