1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unlock seagate hd

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by bluetrax, Mar 9, 2007.

1. bluetrax

bluetrax Member

I've been trying to unlock my seagate xbox hd, and I found a tool that was helpful, but first you need to have the password for the hd. Download this freeware software "mhdd". I put it on my usb drive, boot'd into dos with a floppy disk, then accessed my usb drive and ran MHDD. Some of the possible passwords for the hd could be:
    TEAMASSEMBLY
    XBOXSCENE
    or
    SEAGATE (+25spaces)
    If you do not have the password, then you can not unlock the hd with out having to pay a service comany like hdd unlock wizard to do so. TEAMASSEMBLY was the password for 2 of my seagate drives, so I was able to unlock it. Make sure the Hd is set on primary master. With the tool, run unlock...press 1 for master, enter password, then type in DISPWD (this will remove lock for ever, not until next reboot) and enter password again. Then use the fdisk cmd in MHDD, and that should make your HD accessable in windows.

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

man whatever happened to unlocking a hdd with evox, then turn the box off and remove the hdd, its that simple

3. theridges

theridges Guest

@98
    if that HD isn't the one that matches the motherboard then he can't unlock it, like that......

i have never unlocked a drive without an eeprom except with my modchip sorry :(