1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unlocked hard drive error 05

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by draewilly, Mar 4, 2005.

1. draewilly

draewilly Member

i have an xbox v1.0 i have an xecuter 2.6. i flashed the chip with the X2 4982 bios. i put in the slayers auto installer v2.6 disc and it booted to the slayers screen i unlocked the hard drive because i was haveing trouble FTPing into my xbox and i thought maybe that would do something. The plug got pulled out of the wall right after that. (i hadn't installed Evox) So then when i tryed to turn it back on it boots to the error sceen and it says you xbox needs service. the error code is 05 (unlocked hard drive) is the any way to fix this or am i screwed? Thanks for any help
    -draewilly

2. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Well if you unlocked the hard drive without installing evo-x then your xbox is booting ms dash and the retail dash doesnt allow the hdd to be unlocked.

Try booting it with slayers already in the drive.

3. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Put your slayer CD in the DVD drive and boot into Evox. If you cannot boot from Slayer CD, your xecuter is loose.

4. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Unlocking and locking the hd has nothing to do with ftping!! Also, check your pinheader installation, there might be something wrong with the pogo adapter or your DO making contact on the mobo. Like Matty just said, your Xbox has no evox installed and it's booting to the Original ms dash which can't have the hd unlocked. Try your Slayers Auto-Installer and see if it boots up? If it doesn't then check your install and your DO!!! If youd don't have the DO in right you will also get an error message!!