1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unlocking a Motorola/Nextel i730?

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Erik787, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Erik787

Erik787 Member

First off, let me say that I did a search and did not find a topic answering my question.

I was wondering how I can go about unlocking a Motorola/Nextel i730. Is it just a matter of punching a code into the phone? I know that some phones need some sort of data cable or something? Is that the case with this phone.

Many thanks,
    Erik

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

well there is no free software to unlock ur fone so u dont need a data cable, so u have to pay i think 20$ to unlock it, they will give a code and u just put it on ur fone and tada!! its unlocked.....

3. dam++

dam++ Member

are you sure ... pay ?? there must be some way to calculate this code using the phone's IMEI or something...

4. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

well, find the software and tell me....

maybe there is but where is it ??!!!

5. kresticd

kresticd Member

Hey, I Know Im New to the site but Im pretty well experienced in nextel and the whole unlocking fone thing......All u need is rss carrier which can be found at nextel.howardforums.com , and u need a data cable and someone to change the codeplug, which u can also find at that website, that website is a good nextel site, u can find out how to do alot of things with your fone.....sry if im late, if anything else let me know ill try to help as best i can

6. dam++

dam++ Member

Yap, it's a little bit late, i don't have the phone anymore , but thank you very mutch for trying to help :D