1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unlocking Motorola V551!!!

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by satya33, Jan 7, 2005.

1. panas4

panas4 Member

At least for the motorola v551 unlockmyphonenow.com will never
    provide a subsidy code that works. By the way the subsidy code corresponds to the IMEI code that is unique for each phone so each subsidy code should be unique for each phone.

Then he will claim that you need to send the phone to him to unlock it. He will only refund $10 (he will keep $10 for some reason he only knows) if you refuse to send him the phone. If you paid with PayPal credit card then dispute the charge and move along. You will win the dispute since he is known by PayPal. This is my experience.

If you trust to send the phone to somewhere to unlock it then there are cheaper places on Ebay. It looks to be the only way to unlock it.

As far as Cingular not giving subsidy codes it is perfect legal as far as lawers are concerned. Read the agreement (if you ever read such things). It states that equipment provided by them can only be used with their service. They used to provide subsidy codes a year ago (I got my Sony Ericsson unlocked this way) but since they merged with ATT wireless it cannot be done.

Sorry for the bad news but if you know something different please
    share.

2. asheville

asheville Member

3. truoss

truoss Member

Well, Paypal will not go after this David Baker. I filed a claim, but Paypal can't do anything because no tangible goods are involved!!! No one use www.unlockmyphonenow.com. This guy is a crook, and his unlock codes do NOT work. I would never send my phone in to him either. He doesn't respond to emails-- very unprofessional.

4. Patriot57

Patriot57 Member

I too got screwed by purchasing a phone on EBay that ended up being locked, thanks to this site I found www.thetravelinside.com. I followed their instructions, sent the phone into to them and in 5 days had my phone back in my position unlocked. It cost $25 plus shipping to them ($3.75 from PA to WA. All in all a very reliable company that provide me great comminication and delivered what they promised.

5. artisian

artisian Member

6. Patriot57

Patriot57 Member

7. jazx

jazx Member

Hey thanks Motodude. I used your links and downloaded your version of Motorola Phone Tools and was able to get my computer to recognized the usb drivers that came with the download. I haven't been able to successfully transfer any content from my computer to my cell yet. But I think that comes from a lack of knowledge of how MPT actually works. But thanks again.

jazx