1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UNMODDING XBOX???

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by stub20000, Mar 6, 2005.

1. stub20000

stub20000 Member

hi, i dont know anything about this but just bought an xbox from ebay, didnt say was modded but is and seller being an d*** about it and not giving me refund, anyways can i simply remove the chip by cutting the wires????

thanks

2. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

it depends on how the hdd is setup, if you simply cut the wires you will most likely get a error message and if you completely unsolder the chip you could get an error message or it could run like normal, but probably not. I would first get a hold of slayers autoinstaller and reformat the hdd back to the retail settings, then desolder the chip, but I dont know why you would do that because there are great advantages to having a modded one.

3. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

it is possible that the box has a bad tsop for some reason and if you unmod it might not work at all.
    myself i would not have a unmodded box

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

If it runs good with the chip turned off....wouldn't that indicate that the onboard tsop is working fine?

5. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

does it have a switch to turn it off?
    yes then tsop would be hunkiedorrie!!
    you could cut the wires just cut them where you can put them back together easily. i don't believe you would have to cut them all but it would need some looking into.
    i'm sure you could find someone that would like to trade there unmodded box for yours

Last edited: Mar 7, 2005
  6. stub20000

stub20000 Member

thanks for all the help folks, i ended up cutting the wires, didnt make a difference so just sold it on ebay

cheers everybody

7. Skribble

Skribble Guest

Hey, i have unmoodded box. willing to trade.