1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unrecovered read error

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dmd73, Oct 31, 2004.

1. dmd73

dmd73 Member

i wanted to make dvd copy of a copy and i am getting a unrecovered read error. i am using roxio dvd copy to do this. I dosent matter what burner i use the one is a lite-on SOHW-8325 and the other is a sony DRU 530A i receive the same error on either one. I have tried several other dvd coping software and no luck. Is there any other software that might work or am i doing something wrong?

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi dmd73,

The only thing is your Roxio. It is without a doubt, hands down the worst behaving software for working with DVD Video. It's InCD messes with everything. If you're doing just this one thing, go into msconfig and shut it down from there. Second, it sounds as if you burned a corrupt file to your backup copy. Open your copy using DVD Decrypter in the IFO mode (going into the I/O tab and checking itgnore read errors under "Tools", "Settings"). Anytime you come across an error you can't get by, go into the file group and delete that part which is corrupt.
    When you have finished use "Mode" "ISO" and "Write" to burn it to disk as an ISO image.

Something to keep in mind - use a good quality media when doing any kind of DVD backup work. Read through our threads to find recommendations on media.

Cheers,

Pete

3. dmd73

dmd73 Member

Thanks pete for info on my problem i will give it a shot.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

dmd73,

If you decide to get rid of Roxio (most pple do) do it from the Control panel, Add and remove programs - THEN run Roxio Zapper to get rid of all it's other files -

Remove all types of Roxio tentacles and tendrils with Roxio Zapper -

Find it here:

http://www.microadvantage.net/downloads/zapper60.zip

Once you've done that, reboot your PC to "flush everything out of your PC's system :)

Cheers,

Pete