1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unscramble Cable pay channels though TV board

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by ssowa, Feb 8, 2005.

1. ssowa

ssowa Guest

I have a HP Media computer hooked to cable and it displays on my TV. I was wondering if there is software or a product that would be able to descramble the pay channels. Any infomation would be helpful. Thanks

2. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

any information would be illegal actually.

3. ssowa

ssowa Guest

Not for testing.....right?

4. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

actually I think any time you unscramble a purposefully scrambled signal without PAYING to have it unscrambled by the copyright owner/leaser you are performing an illegal act.

TESTING unscramble software legally would involve YOU taking video that YOU own the copyright to, scrambling it, then using the descrambler to descramble it and see if it works.

Not that I am the perfect person when it comes to copyright laws, but if anyone did decide to post direct links to such software it could be considered to be in violation of the terms of agreement for this site.

I suggest using a search engine for the software and while you are being illegal use a torrent site to download the full software.

5. ssowa

ssowa Guest

Ok thanks