1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsolvable Problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Bicksta, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Bicksta

Bicksta Member

Hey all,

I've been having an issue now for about 2 weeks an thus far no one has been able to lend any insight to the resolution, including AnyDvD personnel. Thought I'd see if any others are having the same issue or if anyone can provide an answer.

Here is my problem:

I use AnyDvD (updated) and CloneDvD2

Whenever I burn anything that is under 4.7g (childrens movies and such for daughter) it burns fine and will play everywhere, no issues here.

Whenever I burn anything that requires any compression whatsoever, it will do the burn process with no problems. But the DvD, will not play in my main DVD drive nor my DVD Player. It WILL, however, play in my dvd burner drive. Thats the part that really throws me.

I am using TDK media that has an 8X write speed. I have read that 4X media is better for this, but would that cause these issues?

Also, when AnyDvD does its thing and the screen pops up, it states that it has found Autorun and has removed it. Don't I want autorun? How else would the DvD start?

Ok, thats about it. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

2. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

Hi Bicksta,
    Have you tried Shrink yet? If you haven't, then I would encourage you to give it a try. I think you will be very happy with your results. It never hurts to "broaden ones horizons".
    Goodluck,
    HW.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  3. Bicksta

Bicksta Member

I have not, I've tried DvDxCopy Plat, which is totally useless.

And now, DvDClone 2. Can I download a trial of shrink somewhere?

I'm all for trying new things.

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

dvd shrink is completely free:http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  5. Bicksta

Bicksta Member

Well,

Shrink and Neo won't even burn anything. Errors non stop.

But again, using Clone DVD2, I burn something and it will only play in my burner drive.

Does that even make sense? Can anyone explain to me how a dvd will play only in the burner drive?