1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Unsupported fily format" when trying to burn mp3 from a cue file

Discussion in 'Audio' started by batburn, Jan 11, 2006.

1. batburn

batburn Member

I've searched for this but couldn't find a straight answer. I have tried using nero and alcohol 120% to burn an audio .cue file and they both give me the same error. The weird thing is that I've been able to burn audio cds like this before, but not anymore. Here is the error:

"Unsupported file format in audiocd.cue, Line 2"

Here is the line in that is giving the error:

FILE "audio-mix.mp3" MP3

What am I doing wrong? The data comes from an mp3 file. I've never had to convert MP3s to WAVs before burning audio cds. Is this whats going to have to happen?

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

the mp3 filename in the cue file must match the actual mp3 filename. open up the cue file in notepad, and make sure they are the same. for example, if the filename in the cue says "afterdawn.mp3", the actual mp3 file that goes along with the cue file must also be "afterdawn.mp3"

3. batburn

batburn Member

I've checked that and made them the same, but the error still appears.

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

thats strange. is there anything else in the cue file that looks incorrect? Have you compared it with another audio cue to make sure its the same and correct format? Try burning it with EAC (exact audio copy). Thats what I use to burn my audio cues and its always worked for me.

5. batburn

batburn Member

I've tried to compare it with sheets from cuesheet heaven's website and can't find anything different. Here are the first three lines of the cue I'm burning.

PERFORMER "VA"
    TITLE "2005 Mix 1"
    FILE "asot2005-1.mp3" MP3

asot2005-1.mp3 is in the same directory as the cue file. The rest of the cue file is just track indexing. Does this look right?

6. djscoop

djscoop Active member

this is an example of one that I have:

does yours have all the tracks listed in it as well?

Thats interesting that it says unsupported file format. Perhaps the mp3 is corrupt somehow. Have you tried playing it in winamp or WMP to make sure it plays okay?

7. batburn

batburn Member

The mp3 plays fine and yes, it does have the tracks in the cue file as well. I might have to deal with having one really long track. Thanks for the help.