1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsupported format for disc in drive D

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by geewizz, Dec 6, 2007.

1. geewizz

geewizz Member

When i open up RAM and insert a DVD CD into it then close it,a little menu box is meant to pop up asking which program you want to use to play,burn disc. No menu appears. When i click on Power DVD or VLC and try to play that way,i get Unsupported format for disc in drive D. It's got me flummoxed. Can anyone help please?

2. griffoone

griffoone Guest

have you downloaded and installed a codec pack and do you have windows media player 11 that will play most formats and if it needs a codec to play it will ask you if you want download the needed file to play the DVD.

3. varnull

varnull Guest

Nothing pops up when the drawer closes because autorun is off, or set to "take no action" remembered.

Right click on the icon for the drive and select explore... can you see the files/folders?.. have a hunt around in the VIDEO_TS folder until you find a big one with the name vts_1.0_1 or something like that.. vlc will play those files and confirm your drive is working and seeing the disk.
    Then we can work out why nothing is playing the disk when it is put in.

for people with standalone dvd recorders getting the same error with disks recorded on the standalone (unsupported format) it means your pc dvd drive cannot handle a sequential disk open ended.. the disk will need finalizing in the recorder first

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2007