1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unwritable disk question

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Darius427, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Darius427

Darius427 Member

Hello, I am trying to burn an AVI. to a DVD+R using nero. I am new to this, but I read a thread that explained all the details very nicely and I believe that I have done everything correctly. After I finish all the setup and click the burn button, nero says my "disk is unwritable, please insert a writable disk." I have tried multiple disks, and all do the same thing. The disks are Maxell DVD+R 4.7gb 16x. I have used these disks for other burning before and have not had a problem. If anybody has some advise, I would appreciate it. Thank you

2. attar

attar Senior member

Blank disk in burner.
    Run Nero Info Tools and verify that it fails to detect media.
    Right Click 'My Computer'-Properties-Hardware-Device Manager-Click the '+' beside IDE Controllers, Right Click on the Primary or Secondary Controller where the burner is connected and 'Uninstall' then reboot.
    Windows will re-detect the drive(s).
    Run the Info Tool again.It should see the disk.
    If you don't know which controller it's on, uninstall one and reboot.Then uninstall the other and reboot.
    If you put a blank disk in the drive before booting Nero, then you can select the burning speed.
    Don't burn a dvd at 16x.
    The Nero Forum says half the rated speed or Verbatim at 4x.