1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

up to date advice needed

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by johnwarb, Aug 29, 2012.

1. johnwarb

johnwarb Member

Hi all, it's been a while since I've been on here (so much so that I forgot my password & email address I used so had to create a new account with my new email address) andI could do with a little advice on the new systems available and how best to move forward. I have tried to give as much detail below as to what I am looking for and any help/pm's will be greatly appreciated.

I have been a cable customer for the last 6 years and have evolved along the way with the cable boxes (Sagem D-Box all the way through to KV A780). I am just about to move house and thinking about how best to move forward. I am looking at having the ability to view PPV in multiple rooms at the same time (I will be flood wiring the house with CAT6 & Coax back to a central comms cabinet) and willing to purchase multiple boxes if needed. But the question is do I simply buy more KV A780's or do I move to a satelite system?

I would love the ability to watch the 3pm kick offs like in the pub but not sure on the best system to make this work (willing to pay monthly like via-sat), if I go down this option will I be able to record programmes? will I be able to recieve HD?

hope this makes sense

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

once you use sat you wont go back to cable,no idea on the 3 o clock footy what you can get maybe others can say.twin tuner box with a hard drive like a vu duo as you can watch one channel and record another,having another linux box like a vu solo one can access the recordings on the duo elsewhere in house,also it has a 7 day epg guide which is very important.most boxes now are hd and need c/s [sub]

hopefully some more answers will follow.