1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upcoming stuff within next couple of days/weeks/months

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by dRD, Sep 4, 2002.

1. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Several requests have been made to improve the "subsription" feature, where users can order notifications when a thread has been updated. Those have been addressed and I work with that area as we speak. These improvements will be added shortly:

-list of all the threads you have subscribed to and an option to remove your subscription from one/several/all of these

-possibility to subscribe to a thread without writing a message to a thread first

-notification email will include the topic and the nick of the user who posted the last comment to a thread

-only one notification will be sent out until you next time visit the thread, so you don't get "spammed" when you're sleeping and thread gets 2500 new messages meanwhile :)

-notification email will include a direct link to unsubscribe from the thread

.....also some other misc stuff will come up when I have enough time:

-edit user profile (this works on our main site, but not in forums -- just matter of customizing the code to handle both sites)

-additional fields in user profile -- default values for "use signature in your messages" and "order notifications by default"

-search will include searching by specific forum or forums, by a specific nickname or by a date range

...but as usual, don't get your hopes high, we're _really_ busy with various other stuff as well.

2. dRD

This has been done now. You need to be logged in first, before you see the link though...

3. dRD

This is done now, although user's nick is not shown -- I didn't think it's all that necessary to have it in the email.