1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

update for dvd x copy platinum?????

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dfonk, Jul 30, 2005.

1. dfonk

dfonk Member

Is there a place where I can find the last update,for this product including an update for dvd rescue.

thank for all the hard work that is being done to help us on matters like this.

2. abcinet

abcinet Member

Be careful what you wish for. I purchased the same product about 3 months before things got "hot and heavy" between 321 Studios and the Motion Picture Industry attorneys. It worked great. Then a few months later when I heard they might be going out of business I thought "Hey I better get the updates before it is too late" so I did.... and guess what. After the update, my DVD Xcopy software no longer copied Macrovision copy protected DVDs. So the upgrade turned out to be a downgrade in functionality. I can't speak to the other program you mentioned because although I own it, I have never used it.
    On another note, I will mention this. As time went on I experienced more and more problems using DVD Xcopy Platinum to copy certain things. Problems with burns having small but irritating "glitches" now and again in the video stream where things would pixelate, scramble or whatever for a split second and continue normally. These glitches were small and infrequent but annoying just the same. A friend of mine who also experienced the same thing told me that he had switched to using a program he heard about called DVD Shrink which is posted all over the web just google it. It is free. He and I both had Nero 6 so we just downloaded DVD Shrink and installed it, it configured itself to use Nero to do the burn to disc part and I didn't have to configure anything really. The PDF manual that came with was very explanatory so I read the whole thing and I usually never read manuals. I have been using this combo ever since and I can tell you that my glitch rate is almost zero. Most every burn is flawless, quick, and I can even take menus out or set the start and stop points after all the ads, gibberish, whatever so it cuts to the movie start, dumps the unnecessary credits at the end and uses less compression which means better quality since I am minimizing the amount of data recorded. I truly recommend the FREE DVD Shrink program and paid for version of Nero 6x for all your copyright protected or NOT materials. They have proven better than DVD XCopy for me. Just an FYI.