1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update iphone to latest software & unlocking

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by SkinJob, Sep 15, 2008.

1. SkinJob

SkinJob Member

I have had a 1.1.04 iphone that I bought in the US (im Irish) a while back and unlocked using Ziphone but I have never updated the software as someone told me that it gets messed up if you do that. Is it safe to update the software and unlock it again?

2. Dasuper

Dasuper Member

Hi,

I also had the iphone from the usa, and i upgraded my software to version 2.1. Now i need to wait untill i can unlock my iphone again. Maybe i will restore my old firmware and unlock that one again.. i donno yet.

First you need to check if it is already possible for your type of iphone to be unlocked with that specific firmware.

good luck.

Mark

3. luan87us

luan87us Regular member

unless it's a 3g iphone you can jailbreak/unlock it with ease. ziphone or quickpwn work fine.

4. Dasuper

Dasuper Member

Ah, thanks for the tip. I have a first gen and after your tip I used quickpwn to unlock and now it working fine with v2.1

thanks again!

5. Dv1726

Dv1726 Member

isn't there a way to unlock 3Gs ?

6. samintx

samintx Regular member

On eBay there is a thing called Turbo Sim that supposedly unlocks your 3G (around 10.00) I'm trying to find out more about how it works and if there is a possibility of bricking a 3G. I would appreciate anyone replying to this.