1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

update sim 2.01 b/l76c to b/l 84 ?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by atghawkin, Feb 20, 2013.

1. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

A few glitches on my dreambox 800 hd pvr . I want to change the image but looking around on other forums I see its possible to update the boot loader on a sim 2.01 .A lot of the threads are old and say its hit and miss so if anyone has advice on 1 : is it safe/wise ? and 2 : is it possible to default back to original boot loader ? cheers!

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

Fint is the dreambox man mate

3. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

True ! I found an old thread that is a bit more informative ,I'll read up a bit more , see what happens!! thanks

4. lukeian5

lukeian5 Member

Why not just flash a new image that's patched with b/l 84 for sim 2.01. But if your happy with your image, I'm nearly sure you can just flash the new b/loader in the same way as an image & reboot the box, but as I say....nearly sure lol. Best wait for confirmation

5. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Sorted ! I flashed up to b/l 84b and pli image working ok so far .first i flashed the 84b.nfi file then reboot and flashed the image , it has 1channel as a plugin and it seems to be working fine , thanks for replies lads!!

6. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

Many reports of clone boxes giving tuner errors on ss84 and ss84b. Had such problems myself and eventually reverted to ss82. The problems aren't immediately noticeable. Am convinced some clones just don't function well on this boot loader. I ended up having to buy a new tuner

7. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

i would say that the biggest culprit in the tuner issue was the dreamboxuk image (discontinued for just this reason). obvious indicator is when looking at dm800 oled display when box is in standby you see incorrect time presented. if such is the case i would immediately suggest you change to earlier bootloader

8. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Thanks ! will look out for it , at the moment it seems stable