1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

updating 1st gen iphone firmware

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by tvaustin, Mar 5, 2010.

1. tvaustin

tvaustin Member

I am looking to upgrade my iphone firmware. I bought my iphone about 2 years ago(the day carphone warehouse slashed £100 off the price). I unlocked it, jailbreaked it and done the trick to bypass the contract sign up via itunes - I used liberty to unlock/jailbreak my phone.
    I am currently still on firmware 1.1.4 and lots of programs i had arent compatible anymore i.e. mxtube.
    I dont have itunes installed anymore so dont know what version i will need to download to update iphone. also is it just a case of downloading the required version of itunes, connecting my iphone and then downloading software? will this mess up me unlocking, jailbreaking iphone? should i do a factory reset before updating? I have heard you need a mac to update but only have access to windows pc.
    lastly any good sites for programs,games apps etc
    cheers in advance

2. tvaustin

tvaustin Member

ideally i need a step by step guide on how to do this (im not too great with computers/programs) and not brick my phone