1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade an softmoded xbox HardDrive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by KidJayGo, Mar 13, 2005.

1. KidJayGo

KidJayGo Member

Yo i just got my xbox softmoded and i want to put a 40gig harddrive in it? OR if someone can tell me how to Copy my xbox harddrive to the 40gig i also got a modded xbox...Era

xbox v1.4 Xecuter3
    xbox v1.1 softmod

2. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

im no pro but iv only ever heard of problems when upgrading a hard drive on a softmod. as a soft mod is on the hard hard drive not the box itself. If u still whant to try youll have to ftp the files back and forth. no matter what u do (or at least try) always make backups of everything. so if ya fusk up u can undo it.

3. Xecuter3

Xecuter3 Member

use XboxHDM somewhere in there, u can choose the option clone xbox hd i believe u need the new one as master and one ur cloning as slave on the same IDE channel

4. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

You need to lock the new hard drive before you put it back into your xbox. Locking a hard drive is not easy when the drive is not connected to the box you want to use it with. Once you unlock the hdd in a softmod xbox, you cannot boot again.

5. Xecuter3

Xecuter3 Member

use configmagic before u do it AND BACK UP YOUR EEPROM which goes in the eeprom folder on the hdm disc