1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgrade from 160gb to 400gb

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by joeb969, Mar 9, 2007.

1. joeb969

joeb969 Guest

Alright, the situation is this.

I currently have a softmodded xbox upgraded with a 160gb hdd.

I thought that 160gb would be plenty, but I have managed to fill it up with my games.

Bassically, I want to know if there is an easier way to upgrade to my 400gb drive than re-burning all my games to the new drive.

I was thinking along the lines of hooking both drives up to my computer and using a program to duplicat the drive.

Or is it maybe possible to set up my new drive in a friends xbox and then change the hdd key to match my xbox without losing all my data.

There is probably an obvious answer to this question/these scenarios, that im overlooking, but im just hoping that the obvious answer isnt no.

Thanx in advance for any help.

edit:

a thought flashed through my head that if its possible to hotswap to a computer to unlock and then back to relock, would i maybe be able to unlock my hdd with (xbox B) e, hotswap to (xbox A) to get it to lock with (xbox A)'s hdd key.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2007
  2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i would say you can because with xboxhdm 1.9 there is a option to clone an existing xboxHD, so there you go, wouldn't hurt to try.

3. theridges

theridges Guest

i believe you can probably duplicate what you have on the 160GB to the 400 GB with norton ghost.....

But XboxHDM will work without a doubt....

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2007