1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgraded my Sony SVR 2000 TiVo!!!!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Oner, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Just wanted to let eveyone know that I upgraded my TiVo for a total of 200 gigs!

68 Hours Best Recording Quality
    110 Hours High Recording Quality (My Selection)
    xxx Hours Medium Recording Quality (Forgot)
    246 Hours Worst Recording Quality

The HD's are Western Digital 8 meg cache 7200 RPM Caviars, one is 80 gigs and the other is 120 gigs. I purchased the 80 for $60 and the 120 for $80 both from NewEgg but at different times (had the 120 for a few months). I also picked up a bracket and the CacheCard with Network interface from 9thTee.com then slapped an old 512 stick of PC133 Ram into it.

I didn't do any of the software work as I was a bit intimidated by the "language" but someone offered to help me do it at his house so I went on a little trip and got it done in a few hours (about 8 as I wanted to backup all my saved files to the new HD's, otherwise it would have been about 30 minutes!)

2. dolemite

dolemite Regular member

can u give the name of the person that help u with the tivo.. cuz i messed up my tivo