1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgrading an integrated video card...

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Ph0BoLuS, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Ragnarok2

Ragnarok2 Guest

Oh ok and I just saw your computer specs...alright yeah, the card will work for you, dont know about the fan thing tho cause AMD's get really hot really fast. But then again, it would be exactly the same thing even if you bought the 128MB one, you would still have the heat problem. And trust me, Battlefield eats up your card like apple pie, remember that 128MB is the minimum requirement for Battlefield 2.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2005
  2. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

lol yeah i've read like all the reviews for it, so i should get another fan is what ur tryiing to say?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2005
  3. RussReef

RussReef Guest

I don't see how this thread (here) is any different than this one that was closed:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/214268
    Logic of what gets closed and what doesn't seems rather inconsistent ::rolleyes::

Anyway, I hope you find the video card that's right for you! :)

4. Ragnarok2

Ragnarok2 Guest

Yeah, one more fan would be good, but you dont need two fans, one is good enough. If you had an Intel proccesor, you wouldnt need a fan, but cause of your AMD, an extra fan I will recommend. Get the 256MB one kid, It won't dissapoint you in Battlefield 2.

5. Ragnarok2

Ragnarok2 Guest

Errr...that thread is about hard drives. But hey...whatever floats your boat.

6. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

k 256 it is..there should be a manual on how to install the fan once i buy it right? and what kind of fan should i buy?

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

fan is already on the card

8. Ragnarok2

Ragnarok2 Guest

Hehe wise choice my friend...now, as for the fan, just get some cheap fan, you dont need need anything powerful cause you already got 1 fan on the video card, so just buy something that will actually blow air. I looked on Newegg and there was this blue fan for $2, but if you're into flashy LED fans, then there is one for $5. And if you get the cheap fans...you might as well get 2 for best efficiency.

9. ddp

if have an empty slot just above or below the agp slot than get an agp slot fan tho might cost $10-15.

10. Ragnarok2

Ragnarok2 Guest

i got no clue how to install fans...i think you would have to cut up your case if you wanted to add more fans...my case is all metal, i dont know where i would mount a fan...i got two extra fans+heatsinks...but i probably cant install them

11. ddp

what are the heatsinks for as you don't need those on your case??

12. Ragnarok2

Ragnarok2 Guest

well i got 2 fans and unless i super glue them in...its not gonna happen

13. RRDYG

RRDYG Member

GrandpaBW, I don't know for sure on his model but many of the HP pcs with onboard graphics do NOT support agp cards even though they have the slot with a bios option to use it. HP also makes servers with 2 builtin SCSI ports but do NOT support any use of the 2nd port. This info comes directly from HP themselves after having upgrade failures. Their only solutions in ALL cases were to buy brand new HP machines.

Do not buy HP, just because it shows an upgrade option doesn't not mean it will accept the upgrade. When you buy a pc that's dumped into the market real cheap, you get a real cheap pc!

14. ddp

RRDYG, in this case he does according to documentation & pictures that show an agp slot. it is not just hp/compaq, dell & other namebrand computers don't always have agp slots as you can get regular boards from regular computer stores that don't have agp slots just the onboard video.

15. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

um....i dont know who to listen to..LOL

16. ddp

about what??

17. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

about my computer...so its ok to get the video card? cause if i buy it and my mom knows it doesnt work then im f***ed...

18. ddp

yes as your computer meets the specs for the card according to the site i posted

19. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

ok..lol just get the card and another fan and im good to go..thanks again for the help ddp and ragnarok2

20. ddp

no problem, teach & learn