1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgrading an integrated video card...

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Ph0BoLuS, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Ragnarok2

Ragnarok2 Guest

Have fun with the card man, and tell us how well it works with Battlefield 2, I'd really like to know.

2. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

lol oh i will...

3. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

i finally got the card and installed, i downloaded the bf2 demo just to see if i installed everything right and it works. i looked at my motherboard and it only has 2 fan plugs and there both used so i dont know how i can put anotehr fan in it.

4. jonni3

jonni3 Guest

Case fans usualy come with a 4 pin power plug the same kind that plugs into your harddrive, you should have a spare one in there somewhere if not just get a power splitter which looks like this
    [​IMG],
    unplug a 4 pin from a device, plug this in to the device & case fan reattach the power 4 pin, turn the p.c on & off you go .....yes they even do dayglo ones .../shakes head in bewilderment/
    edit: Turn the power off before you do this :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2005
  5. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

oh cool thanks..

6. Ragnarok2

Ragnarok2 Guest

yup yup. Hey, how is the card working, any lag on Battlefield 2?

7. skidme

skidme Guest

Yes I'd like to know how your system hanndles it as well...I dunno if mine is up for it...*grin*
    as ddp stated, a PCI fan is a really good option in this case. It will blow air directly at the Video Card keeping it even cooler.

8. Ustop

Ustop Regular member

The card u guys recommended he buy was made by Sapphire. I just bought what seems to be the same card, 9600xt 256mb, but was made by Diamond. I paid 143.00 for it. Did I get ripped off or is there something different between the cards that Im not seeing.

9. Ustop

Ustop Regular member

Also, I have a intel 4. Would I have to add a fan or two myself? Thanx.

10. Ragnarok2

Ragnarok2 Guest

There could be something different between the 2 cards, like their speeds. Could you give us a link to the card you bought...or if you didnt buy it online, could you give us the specs of your card?

11. Ragnarok2

Ragnarok2 Guest

12. skidme

skidme Guest

Well from what I have heard Sapphire is the worst GFX Card manufacturer... I wouldn't be surprised if you card warrants the price difference.

13. Ragnarok2

Ragnarok2 Guest

WHAT!?!? in the worst card manufacturers list, manufacturers like MSI would be on top. MSI is a good mobo manufacturer, but their video cards are below average. Sapphire...no no, Sapphire is a very good manufacturer, they manufacture LOTS of cards.

14. Ustop

Ustop Regular member

diamanod viper ati radeon 9600xt
    agp 8x
    core clock speed: 500mhz
    installed video memory: 256mb
    Memory Clock Speed 2x275 [550MHz DDR]MHz
    Pixel Pipelines 4
    Texture Units Per Pixel Pipeline 1
    Vertex Units 2
    Pixel Shader Version 2.0
    Vertex Shader Version 2.0
    Memory Technology DDR SDRAM
    Memory Bus Width 128-bit
    Integrated RAMDACs 2 400MHz RAMDAC
    Multiple Display Support Yes (2 Monitors max)
    /O Connectors TV-out
    Compatible Slots 1 x AGP
    There must be a difference cuz newegg sales this card for a 149.99 and I paid 143.

15. Ragnarok2

Ragnarok2 Guest

where did you buy it? couple bucks probably doesnt make a difference.

16. jonni3

jonni3 Guest

I reckon the difference is that the Sapphire card os an [bold]O.E.M[/bold] (original equipment manufacturer) item and doesn't come in a fancy box with or a games pack & all you get is a card, driver & vga cable where as the Diamond card is a [bold]retail[/bold] card so comes with a fancy box, extra software & a DVI-AGP adapter ...... same cards, different packaging, greatly affected price ......and for the guy with the Diamond card an extra $10 would have got you this card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130220 which kills a 9600xt ... :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2005
  17. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

it plays bf2 pretty good, a bit of lag probably because my internet connection i have settings on medium cause i havnt gotten a fan yet, but other than thats its all good..easy to install too

Last edited: Aug 17, 2005
  18. skidme

skidme Guest

Thats good to hear

19. pcrepair

pcrepair Regular member

the game was designed around an nvidia card unless you get a very new ati at the very new price i'd stick to nvidia anything better than a 5700 with 128 ram
    bandwidth is more important than ram

20. jonni3

jonni3 Guest

Glad your enjoying your new card, now you need to convince your mom that you need another 1 gig of memory for your p.c :)