1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading cables ... $$ is it worth it???

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by Jparms, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Jparms

Jparms Guest

I'm new on this forum, and I've tried the search forum, and couldn't find anything of interest to answer my question. My question is: Is paying extra money for gold plated or monster cables for Audio/Video worth the money? I have acoustic audio cables for everything right now, and they seem to work good. Is there any evidence or any diffrences visually or in sound? I have a 52' HDTV plasma, 6.1 yamaha surround sound. I use optical as my main audio cable. Any help would be appreciated. I'm mostly looking for supported facts or data. Thank you!

2. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

Save your money, dude!!

3. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

I could tell the difference between the walmart monster cable hdmi and the audioquest $100 one. There was quite a difference. I bought the Monster brand one and I thought there was something wrong with my tv or cable box. If you dropped money on a plasma you might as well get good wires for it.

4. mrmovie

mrmovie Member

My experince is check the construction. A good set of cables needn't set you back a boat-load of money.

Compare prices on them. Buy over the internet if you can wait. Even with shipping factored in, you can save alot ordering on-line. Bricks and mortar have to pay for sales people, cashiers, retail space etc.

Gold plated and shielded as well as solid copper are keys to look for in quality cables.

5. ChocTunda

ChocTunda Guest

I got a philips HDMI cable from wal-mart with the goldtips for 29.99 & i compare them to my Monster i would say that Price is no sign to weather your getting the best HDMI cables out there.Your paying for the name more than the quailty.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2007
  6. sanecrazy

sanecrazy Regular member

are all hdmi cables 19 pin?