1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading CD-R to Yamaha CRW-F1

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by RonRN18, Apr 23, 2003.

1. RonRN18

RonRN18 Member

I currently have a PlexWriter 12/10/32A CD-R/RW drive and upgrading to the Yamaha CRW-F1 drive. I currently use Nero 5.5.9.9. Being a cheapskate, I ordered a bare drive... so no bundled software. I hear that the drive is normally bundled with Nero, but some of the options, to do the T@2 thing don't show up currently. Will I need to get a newer version of Nero? Will the options show up when I connect up the drive? Will I have to buy new software? I'm I totally screwed? What else am I going to be missing by going with a bare drive? I don't need an IDE cable or any other hardware to my knowledge._X_X_X_X_X_[small]RonRN18@hotmail.com[/small]

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

The OEM version of Nero typically works only with the drive it was included with, so the Plextor version quite likely doesn't work with the Yamaha F1.

I had to re-install the [bold]retail[/bold] Nero, in order to get the T@2 module working.

In the retail box of Yamaha, there wasn't anything interesting. Just some CD-R(W) media.

Yamaha F1 article: http://cd-rw.org/articles/archive/yamahaf1.cfm

3. RonRN18

RonRN18 Member

My version of Nero was originally a trial version that I later paid for. I didn't like the software that originally came with the PlexWriter... it didn't have Nero.