1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading from newbie

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Iverson68, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

How long does it take and what do you have to do to upgrade to a Jr.member and then member.

2. DMW

DMW Regular member

How long it takes depends how often your on here, what you have to do is help people.

I belive it goes on the number of posts that you have, not sure of the numbers but you get from Newbie to junior, then member, then after it that they're hand picked i think...senior, addict and mod.

All good guys so just join in the fun :)

3. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

Well I really started using this yesterday because I didn't know I was signed up until I got an e-mail so I decided to check it out and so far I have 41 posts.

4. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

50 for junior member
    100 for member

But don't worry about the numbers, just post when you've got something to ask/say.

It seems lately that some folks are just posting more to get to member, and their post are getting sub-standard. It's really just a waste if you do that.

So you're a Iverson fan, Huh? Hear that he might be traded in the off season? looks like Orlando and the Lakers? are the options at the moment.

Hope the Sixers make the playoffs, I'm a Knicks fan, so we're both in the same boat at the moment.

5. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

I won't just post stuff and Iverson was gonna get traded because of his attitude but they know that the 76ers will die without him so they changed there minds but if someone is gonna pay more money then them then he's probably goin to them.

6. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

give it time to switch, dont worry it will....
    also i dont think iverson is good, well i mean like no team is ever gonna win with a guy like iverson, ...
    ...although i am a knicks fan, so i am awaiting the arrival of rasheed wallace and kobe bryant in the off season!!!(ok mayb kobe is asking a little too much..lol)

7. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

Were kinda gettin off of the subject of PS2 and goin in to basketball but I don't mind. lol

8. Shad

Shad Regular member

It takes 25 posts to become a junior member and 100 posts to become a member. Senior members are hand picked on the quality of their messages and must have hundreds of good messages. To become a moderator you are hand picked and usually afterdawn addicts are the ones that are chosen as moderators. Iverson68, you havent become a junior member yet probably because you posted alot this week and the status of people are upgraded every week.

9. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

A week after your first post or a specific day of the week?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]v4 PS2
    Flip-top[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2004
  10. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

Alright look, a week's newbie status is nothing to complain about, and you may very well have surpassed the 100 post quota to become a junior member, but right now you're not showing the attitude of one. Multiple posting's of the same topic annoys many people, and to be quite honest, waiting a week or more with newbie status is not a terrible, unsurvivable thing. Now, on a happier note, I do know that the system to promote people all the way up to member is now automated, so perhaps it is set to run every week, and then you will have your member title. You will eventually get to member, perhaps soon with 50 posts a day, but simply asking 'why am i not a member yet' will not help you achieve your goal. Continue with your posts, if they are good, intelligent(which i assume they are from reading some of them) and on topic, then you will no longer be a member.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2004
  11. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

12. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I bellieve the upgrades are done every so often and are not an automatic thing.

13. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

Ive had enough posts for like a month maybe a lil less but around there.

14. gotisos

gotisos Guest

That's wierd, I thought I became a junior after 20 or so posts??? I'm at like 120 right now, and I am still a junior, ah who cares about post numbers anyways?? It's about AD Addiction, not ur post count!!!!!!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2004
  15. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Ok all ya's got the wrong number on Jr Member :p
    Junior - 35
    Member - 100
    If I am not mistaken the "checks" are done weekly.

16. ABMone

ABMone Guest

what?

17. Praetor

Threads older than 45 days are locked off to newbies. :)

18. ABMone

ABMone Guest

why is that?
    thats kinda dumb. They need the older threads the most since they weren't here to see them.

19. Praetor

They can still SEE the threads, they just cant REPLY.

20. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

May I ask,
    when, exactly do you go from Newbie to Jr Mem?
    For Example. I joined like yestoday but have like 33 posts or something... If I reach the limit where I can legally be a junior member, how long is going to take before My status Newbie changes to Jr. Member?