Upgrading Hard drive question.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by dcxbadass, Jul 8, 2009.

1. dcxbadass

dcxbadass Member

Ok I can soft mod xboxs just fine and do all that with a new hard drive and the whole lot. But I read that for larger hardrives bigger than like 250GB you have to format it in a special way or the data corrupts? I'm about to go from a 200GB to a 750GB in mine, now I went from a 160GB to a 500GB in my dads and that's about 230GBish full and we've had no problems so far, so as long as I do my 750GB in the same way do you recon it will be ok?

Thanks.

2. eebeejay

eebeejay Active member

I think you lose 7% to due to formatting, which drops you to 698GB.

Creating the C, E, X, Y & Z drives uses about 7GB, which drops you down to 691GB of usable storage.

If I remember correctly, it's partitions larger than 500GB that go corrupt. So for that remaining 691GB, I'd say use xboxpartitioner to make an F drive at 300GB, and a G drive at 391GB. It should be fine. Just don't go over 500GB with either partition.

I have a terabyte in my Xbox for almost 2 years now. My F & G drives are 463GB each. No corruption problems whatsoever for me.

3. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

You need to format any partitions over 137gb with 32k clusters using xbpartitioner/unleash x......

The corruption problem only occurs when that partition gets about 90% full. You'll start losing data and then the whole partition will become corrupt.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/39/203286#4744030

Try to use that big red button in my sig next time, i swear it will help you out if you click it.