1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading HD...Need help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by demadas, Dec 1, 2003.

1. demadas

demadas Member

Hopefully I am almost 100% complete with this nightmare I have been having. I burned slayers installer onto disc and placed in my xbox..it worked. I backed up my xbox onto my pc. Next I chose the option on slayers to rebuild larger HD and I swapped my 8gig with the 60 gig and continued. Now on my screen it says "Preparing V1 "c" 4920 Large HDD writing config sectors" I can feel the HD and it seems to be doing something (vibrating) so I guess it is working. My question is...How long should this take to complete?? it has been approx 30 minutes and my screen still says the same thing. When should I see something different. Thanks to everyone who replied to my earlier cries for help.... You got me this far

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

It shouldn't take 30mins. Maybe 5-10min depending on how well your DVD drive reads the disc.
    Make sure the jumper setting on the back of the harddrive is set to Cable Select.

RustyDog

3. demadas

demadas Member

how do tell if the jumper is set to cable select? and also was I supposed do anything else before chosing the option to rebuild large HD?

Never mind I found the diagram on how to change jumper settings_X_X_X_X_X_[small]mm[/small]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2003
  4. demadas

demadas Member

Bigger problems now...I think. I shut the xbox off and started the whole process over. I loaded the slayers disc and chose the rebuild larger HDD option. Then I switched the jumper settings to cable select and swapped drives...As as soon as I connect the pin to the new HD the screen turns black and reboots itself over and over..PLease advise

5. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Put the harddrive in the XBox with the Slayers Installer disc in the DVD drive and when you power on the Xbox it will boot from the DVD drive. Don't boot with the original harddrive installed first.

RustyDog