1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading HD on Softmodded Xbox Tutorial

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jonbtrini, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Altus580

Altus580 Guest

Thanks bro, will do.

2. Altus580

Altus580 Guest

Still waiting on AR to come in the mail :( Getting ant'sy

3. slaeyer

slaeyer Regular member

Amazing Swango. . . Simply Amazing!!!

4. Swango

Swango Member

Cut it out guys my head is already too big for my body.... :) Thanks for the praise... and good luck

BTW any luck on the AR card ??

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  5. Altus580

Altus580 Guest

No; i sent an e-mail to the provider today b/c i paid for express mailing w/ an estimated delivery date of 14 Sept. Maybe "someone" is looking out for me and i get it on Friday so that I'm not up untill 3 a.m. on a work night messing w/ the XBOX. LOL.

But it needs to hurry up already, i'm lookng foward to having a little fun w/ the old box.

6. Altus580

Altus580 Guest

Got an email back saying the package came back to the seller as undelverable, and he dosn't know why. It has been re-sent and i have a tracking number now. :(

7. Rapturer

Rapturer Member

Hey guys.

Sorry if this questions been asked but I tried looking through the various pages but 41 was to many >_>

I used evox to backup my eeprom then ftp'd a copy of it and my C: and E: drives onto my PC. Put them into the various locations of xboxhdm as the guide said and created the boot DVD.

Unplugged my HDDs and connected the replacement HDD onto the IDE connection as the master and the DVD player as secondary.
    (I checked the working HDD lists and the HDD I am using is listed as working with xboxhdm).

I boot the computer from DVD, it loads fine and goes to the first menu, I pick option 1, it does some loading then goes to the command menu and I type in xhoxhd.
    It says starting process or something, then gives me about 15 lines of errors saying that it can't find the linux CD. (the errors are all the same, like it tried to do it several times).

8. Swango

Swango Member

@rapturer....

Try using an older pIII. My newer emachines will not boot the linux cd either... I have to take out an old "frame" of a computer like an 800mhz with 64mb ram and use it to do all my Xboxes...I do not know why, couldnt explain it, I just know its the way it is....

9. Rapturer

Rapturer Member

Aah dam. Well that's going to be a problem :(

Might just have to burn the games then I guess.

10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

You should be prepared to read thru threads to help yourself before asking or whilst awaiting an answer, plus this is one of the very reasons that threads get so long in the first place...

Yesterday on a different site i had to read thru a 59 page thread before asking questions/before attempting to fix something myself, no way was i going to ask any questions until i could be sure i couldn't help myself first, plus there's no point making others have to read thru extra posts due to unwillingness to read the provided (free) advice.

Just a polite pointer from someone who believes in self help..

11. slaeyer

slaeyer Regular member

Wow, 4 years and 40 some pages later, people are still here modding their glorious Xboxes!!! Simply amazing!!

12. mrn78

mrn78 Member

I've got a spare 300GB IDE drive so just found this thread. Great to see the community is still alive!

13. Altus580

Altus580 Guest

@ Swango

Thanks! Worked perfectly, just a minor bump in the road. I couldn't figure out while UnleashX wouldn't load, so i uninstalled, then re-installed. Still wasn't loading AAARGGHHHHH, so i did a little research and found if i didn't set the Clock it prevents UnleashX from loading.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2009
  14. Altus580

Altus580 Guest

Now to start the fun! Emulators! (of course only games which i own)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2009
  15. Altus580

Altus580 Guest

WOW!! That FLASH FXP is a B1tch! I just spent hours (since the last post) trying to set it up with no luck. :( I looked through the help forum, but nothing seems to apply to me, i just cant get the xbox to show. here is what i got....

Cable modem, connect to a Netgear WGR614v7 router. From the router to my Desktop, then out of another port to my xbox. My PC showed me this when i ran the network config

IP Adress: 10.0.0.2
    Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    Default: 10.0.0.1

I set my XBOX IP to 10.0.0.10
    (went to propertes like in the Flash FXP guide changed it from auto ip detect to these settings)
    Added new MY XBOX in Flash FXP enterned in the info hit connect, and error error error. It says it cant connect.

Any ideas? ( I promise i have read pages of info about this but none of it seems to apply)

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Don't bother with that FlashFXP crap, try something decent (and free) - FileZilla works great.. i'll see if i can find which guide(s) keep recommending FlashFXP and i'll see if i can change it, people are always having trouble with FlashFXP.

17. Altus580

Altus580 Guest

Cool, i'll google it also. First thing I'm gonna try when I get home is just using a Crossover cable. I seen a vid on Youtube using it w/ vista that looked pretty easy. Though that wont be untill tonight, i'll report back on how it goes. By the time i saw the video last night it was just too late.

18. Swango

Swango Member

I use SmartFTP and set the xbox to DHCP (not Static) whatever the IP address it gives me I put into SmartFTP and username XBOX and password XBOX and works everytime.

Here is a link on how to use flashfxp if you so choose though..
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/213943

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  19. Altus580

Altus580 Guest

Cool, well if this vid I saw on youtube dosn't work i will give that a shoot, just need to default that xbox back to original network settings. Will keep you guys posted.

20. Altus580

Altus580 Guest

well now everytime i connect DHCP or Static it sets my xbox ip to 0.0.0.0

Now i don't have any idea what is going on, i ditched my $15 x-over cable (bought today), reconnected to my router, skipped the whole step where i mess w/ my internet connection properties on my computer, and did a quick connect w/ the ip that finally showed on my xbox, now im connected, WEIRD...hopefully i don't loose this now!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2009