1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading HDD - Wanting to use old HDD on different mobo

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Mutilated, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Mutilated

Mutilated Member

Alright so my brother wanted me to learn how to mod xboxs several days ago and I complied. I've successfully done six in three days with a softmod. One of the kids I did one for gave me three broken xboxs and I forged a new one out of them. I am replacing the hdd in the fixed one with a 320gb hdd. That I'm sure will be easy enough. What I want to know is how I can put the old 8gb in one of the broken xboxs (assuming the boards are good). I know the hdd and mobo are locked together so how do I unlock and lock it to another mobo (if at all possible)?

Edit: Also I used Krayzie's Ndure to softmod to UnleashX and plan to use the xboxhdm 1.9/FTP method for setting up the 320gb hdd.

2. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

if you wanted to put that hard drive into another xbox you would have to unlock it. if you have the eeprom that is easy and you could use xboxhdm but if you dont i think there is a tutorial on llama.com on how to phisicaly unlock the drive. then you would need to find out the eeprom of the xbox you would be putting the drive into and you could figure that out by unlocking the drive in that xbox and looking in the c drive. then you would need to put the eeprom from the broken xbox onto the unlocked original drive. then all you do is lock it and put it in the xbox.

3. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

4. Mutilated

Mutilated Member

Thanks all but I've found out without a chip I can't do it. I wanted to put it on a mobo with a kicked drive.

5. ModdaMIke

ModdaMIke Guest

yeah you can, unlock the drive you want to put in it and you can use an eeprom reader for the code and you can lock it and use it on the other xbox

6. jacko87

jacko87 Member

im trying to do this as well. except i want the hdd from my old box and the hdd from my current xbox to both work in the one xbox. but not at the same time, i would just switch the hdd's when i want to use that one, you know? so do i unlock the old one now and put the eeprom from my current xbox on it?

7. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

8. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

also jack you would take the other drive and use xboxhdm to get the eeprom and stuff on that drive so that it will work with that xbox. i hope that helps