1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading my firmware

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by CMaire, Sep 4, 2004.

1. CMaire

CMaire Member

Hi,
    I just bought a Pioneer DVDR 108, I have downloaded the 1.10 version of the firmware but I dont find the way to upgrade it. I have done my boot floppy disk, I have extracted the upgrade program on my C: but when I boot on my floppy disk and. I go to the install folder and try to launch the UPGDVD.exe but it keeps saying "available target not found"
    Any1 has an idea on that, please ?

2. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

It depends on the drive letter of your 108,
    The firmware program may be trying to upgrade the drive called D:, but your 108 may be called F: or something else.
    In which case the firmware is looking for it in the wrong place.
    You need to find out the target destination for the firmware and change the drive letter to where your 108 really is.
    (I'm sure I could have explained that a lot better if I hadn't just been out for a huge meal. I'm so full that I can't sit close enough to the computer)

3. CMaire

CMaire Member

When I'm on windows the 108 is called "D:" but when I'm on DOS, even with a data disk inside, I cannot access my D:\ or any other drive but my C:\
    That's really frustrating

Last edited: Sep 4, 2004