1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading my PC

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by zain6267, Apr 21, 2012.

1. zain6267

zain6267 Member

I have a HP t191.uk which is about 8 years old, and it is becoming extremely slow and annoying. Also, the graohics card can't even run Windows movie maker. I am considering upgrading the computer components rather than buying a new pc as it would be cheaper and I can customize it to my needs. The specifications are here:
    http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bi...pportFAQ&prodSeriesId=307682&prodTypeId=12454

I am wondering, since I am on a limited budget and get my money in sections, what to upgrade first, my processor, RAM, or Graphics card, or, if I have to replace my motherboard completely. I would like to spend about £50 on the first part?

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

It doen't look like you can do much with the motherboard you have now. You already have the maximum Ram installed as it is.If it was me you can probably find a board that will fit in the case. I don't know where you buy your parts from but they have some pretty decent prices on this site.You might also find something on Ebay.

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Home/Search/Components/Motherboards/

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

start saving your money.

4. zain6267

zain6267 Member

Which Motherboard would you reccommend?

5. zain6267

zain6267 Member

Would this work, it is a bundle and contains a new ASUS motherboard, AMD Sempron Processor and Patriot 4 GB DDR3 RAM? Would I then need to buy a graohics card, and how much better would this be than my current system?

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

yes it will work plus has onboard video til you get a new videocard. is a lot better\faster then current system.