1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uploading Ringtones WITHOUT usb cable, HELP

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by javisan, May 28, 2005.

1. javisan

javisan Member

Hi, I have a new phone that plays mp3 ringtones, and I just want to add MP3s to my phone (which I already made) but dont have the USB cable and dont want to mess with this programs?

Is there anything wrong with using websites that upload your ringtones for free like this one?

http://www.funformobile.com/pages/ringtone/uploadRingtone.php

Why does everybody use the cable and software (that require lots of steps and may wreck the phone if done wrong) when they can upload easily over the internet?? What Im I missing?

2. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

I HATE the damn cables. I use either a usb bluetooth dongle or an Infra-red one. Does your phone support bluetooth or infr-red ? If it does just buy a dongle and it wont harm your phone. It will just send like a normal multimedia message if you have software with your dongle. If you have XP SP2 then their crappy bluetooth driver is already there so you can send via that. :) Hope this helped.

3. arcanix

arcanix Active member

If you use proper software, then your phone will be okay. I just plug the bastard and send mp3 in a flash, it's no big hustle. Ir is quite sucky, but bt is okay. And everybody uses cable/ir/bt because it's free, and some phones are only able to download max 64kb files. I edit my ringtones so that they are like 150kb.

Btw. you advertised funformobile nicely.

4. Helenbee

Helenbee Member

Ok try this iste its great you dont need cables or blue tooth and you get a whole lot of free stuff too. you do need GPRS (just incase that means that you can surf the net on your mobile.)

URL: http://www.meomo.com

Have fun

5. thecraigc

thecraigc Regular member

bad thing about using internet/wap to get tones on phone is it costs u every time

i use a 8in1 card reader that i got 4 £2 on the internet and took 5 days to arrive, (only works if ur phone used mmc or rs-mmc)

!!thecraigc!!

6. Helenbee

Helenbee Member

yes but your'e talking about a tiny amount compared to what you would pay if you bought one from a ringtone site. A wap download of a kb per kb comparison is about 100-1. so devide the price of an average ringtone by about a 100 and thats how much it costs to download it from a download site in kilobyte terms. However in some territories this does not even apply. for instance in japan, india and scandinavia wap usage is build into the users plan so that they can use wap for free and I think this is how things will be in the future across the globe. don't be scraed of wap its ok.

7. thecraigc

thecraigc Regular member

yeah, but the 8in1 card reader does, CompactFlash, MicroDrive, SmartMedia, XtremeDdigital, SecureDisc, MultiMediaCard, MemoryStick, MemoryStick-PRO, and ReducedSize-MultiMediaCard. I know that is 9, but it counts the RS-MMC and MMC as the same, but u don't need the adaptor for it. I copied all that off the box.

reasones 4 getting 1 :
    # does all the above memory formats
    # small and compact
    # easy to use drag and drop
    # built in LED lights look so cool when pluged in

reasones 4 not getting 1 :
    # i'm a big moron and like cables lying all over the place so i fall over all the time
    # bad reception on wap standing around like some space nerd trying to get a radio signal from the planet Uranus

god that just cracks me up, Uranus, Uranus, Uranus, hehehehehehe....... ahhhh, not funny any more.

(was not calling u a big moron in the first reason 2 not get a 8in1 card reader)

i took a pic to show how small it is, i took it on my phone and put it on the pc with the 8in1 card reader.
    [​IMG]

!!thecraigc!!

P.S. by any chance do u have the crazy frog popcorn mix or dj crazy frog

!!thecraigc!!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  8. Helenbee

Helenbee Member

9. thecraigc

thecraigc Regular member

DAMN!!! its only a preview, i found these like a million times, i need the full 1, but i can make u a deal, u buy it off jamster and get the 8in1 card reader and put it on ur pc, PM me and then e-mail me it :-D

!!thecraigc!!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  10. Arnost

Arnost Member

Basicaly uploading via cable/USB/IrDA excludes the cost of a data transfer over the internet. And more, you can use various tools to upload stuff virtually for free, like e.g. MOBILedit! that does most of phone content management and backup.

11. Neilhead

Neilhead Member

Javisan

Try www.textmemytunes.com - although this site is aimed at the music market this should transfer the files provided that your phone can receive them.

Simple:

1. Create a login profile
    2. Upload your files to server
    3. Send a text message with the file URL to your phone
    4. Download the file through the URL

Give it a go!

Neilhead