1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upsampling a dts file from 44.1KHz to 48 KHz

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by gerryger, Nov 26, 2008.

1. gerryger

gerryger Member

I have about 16 dts files that are 44.1KHz. I know I can just burn these to an audio cd and play them in my DVD player which decodes dts. However these will take 2 CD's to do this. I really want them all on one disk.

So what I am trying to do is to put them all on a DVD instead. I know that the files must be 48KHz to be used in a dvd player. How do i upsample these dts files. I have tried many ways and I just keep getting static. I tried converted/upsampling them to WAV and then renaming the file extension back to dts. Won't work. I get corrupted file error messages.

Is there software out there that will upsample dts files from 44.1 to 48. I know there are ton for WAV but I haven't found any for dts.

Gerry

2. attar

attar Senior member

AFAIK, the DTS file has to be demuxed to mono wav files, resampled and then encoded back to DTS.
    The problem is that there is no freeware that will encode DTS.

'Tranzcode' will demux .dts to six wav files.
    'Audacity' can load the wav files and resample them - they are then exported as new wav files.

The commercial program, 'Surcode' can be utilized as a plugin for 'Besweet'.
    A .mux file, which is a simple text file listing the new wave's, is loaded into 'Besweet' which will then out-put a new .dts - but only if 'Surcode' is available.

Check out Doom9 for various threads in the Audio Forum re DTS encoding.
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=119551&highlight=daphy

3. gerryger

gerryger Member

I actually resolved my problem -- somewhat like you suggested.

1. I used tranzcode to demux the 44.1 dts files to individual 48000 wav tracks.

2. Used Surcode to resample/combine them to 48000 dts file.

3. Used DVD Lab Pro to author them to DVD. (long learning curve with that program but I know it pretty well now).

Music sounds great!!

4. gerryger

gerryger Member

5. attar

attar Senior member

If it isn't free - it's not for me.

Glad you resolved it and thanks for the feedback.