1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upside down video. PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Kylejon, May 5, 2007.

1. Kylejon

Kylejon Member

I did a quick search before i posted this question to see if anyone has had the same problem, and i found this:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/18360

But it is of little help to me as it offers no solutions. And it was posted in 2003.

Maybe someone has now found a way to deal with this problem.

The thing is that i have a couple of video files on my computer (avi, mpeg, wmv etc), and i open them with windows media player 10.

I recently got a new video and found it strange that when i played it, the video was upside down. I didn't really worry because it was only one video.

Now i have cheaked some of my other videos and a couple are now playing upside down aswell. These were fine before, but now they are not playing properly.

Why is this??? What can i do to make them play the right way round????

Any help would be GRERATLY appreciated.

Thanks

2. Kylejon

Kylejon Member

Just a quick update.

It seems as if though i haev fixed my upside down video problem. The problem looks as if though my ffdshow was not working properly and as a result my videos played upside down. Which is weird because i have been using ffdshow for over a year and have never had a single problem, until now.

Firstly i uninstalled ffdshow, restarted the computer, then deleted those files which were not gone after uninstall and then i reinstalled the same version of ffdshow. And for the time being, everything seems to be back to normal.

Does anyone know why this happend in the first place?? Is it common for ffdshow to malfunction without any notice???

Thanks

Hope this information helps anyone else with the same problem

3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Video flipping tends to be caused by bad YV12 to RGB colourspace conversions. Actually such a conversion always results in flipped video, so when I say bad I mean a conversion where that isn't taken into account. Guess ffdshow was outputting YV12 and your video card/drivers (or some other filter) were converting to RGB, now ffdshow is probably doing an internal conversion and outputting something else.