1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

urgent help needed

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by markdav1s, Mar 19, 2005.

1. markdav1s

markdav1s Guest

please help, ive got a second hard drive in my pc and everything deleted off it.the computer shut itself down then restarted and went through "your computer didnot shut down properly disc check will start in **seconds please press any key to skip" i left it count down then in stead of checking the files it started deleting them it said "deleting orfan file segments d:001then 002 and so an until the hard drive was completely empty 160gb of backed up movies and games all gone.now iff i try to open the d: drive a message comes up "d:/ is not accessible. the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" what can i do have i got to take the loss or is there a way to bring them back also what would have caused this to happen i dont think it was a virus as my virus alert didnt pick anything up please help

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

take the loss as the data recovery programs or services are expensive but do a search both here & on the net to make certain as i remember reading that here within the past 2 months. do an online scan with antivirus.com & do a both virus & spyware scan to make certain your system is clean