1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent help with DVD-LAB & TMPGEnc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DocCrane, Oct 19, 2004.

1. DocCrane

DocCrane Guest

Urgent help with DVD-LAB & TMPGEnc

I have just started to use these programs in hope that it will be better at making moves than nero 6, but I’m getting the impression it’s not,

I want to pull the movie file I want from a DVD disc, so I’m using DVD Decrypter for that, the movie file I have pulled from the disc is called vts_01_1.0002 but I cant put it into TMPGEnc to play with it as it does not recognise it, how do I get round this.

2. harpert

harpert Member

TMPGenc may only work with MPEG-2 files (can someone verify this?). TMPGenc converts those files to a file that is used by DVD-Lab to produce a file like the vts_01_1.0002 file that I believe you obtained from the video folder on your DVD.

3. harpert

harpert Member

I'm using TMPGenc (to convert AVI files for use by DVD-Lab), DVD-Lab and Nero for burning to DVD. I mentioned this problem in another thread in this forum.

I've had a problem playing back chapters on 2 Sony players and a Philips player as well. I can hear the audio, but can't see the video. When playing the video, the video will play for awhile and then freeze on the Sonys as well as a Samsung. I have no problems playing back a video or chapters on my Panasonic and so I'm mislead into thinking the DVDs I've created are ok. I am not sure if this as a result of a parameter setting using TMPGenc to convert an AVI file to MPEG-2 or a DVD-Lab authoring problem. By the way, I'm a part-time wedding videographer and I try to put up to 1 hour and 45 minutes on my DVDs with a compression rate of about 4 mb/sec. I used to compress at 6 mb/sec and someone said that's too high which results in less compression and taxes DVD players. Thanks for any advice.

Tom H.