1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US phone(alltel/verizon) in china, or phone option in china?

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by Pnknjnk, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Pnknjnk

Pnknjnk Member

Girlfriend is going to china.
    I'm trying to figure out if I should get a phone, or use her phone - she's on alltel, which I think is also verizon now, and I'm having trouble finding out what their international deal is after the merger.
    I have a motorola F3 bar phone thingy, too - it doesn't need to do much, that might be perfect if you guys know of a good china carrier that will let her call to america for reasonable rates. (or simcard provider that'll work on their networks)
    I want to have this ready BEFORE she leaves, and am willing to accept expenses, but I want to be prepared, because stuff can get outta hand with this kinda stuff sometimes.

Googling gives a massive amount of varying information, so I'm looking for some information from first hand/close to first hand!

So in summary -
    She has an alltel phone. I have a motorolo F3 unlocked or whatever. (I think they all are)
    And I'm capabable/willing to buy a phone/card/minutes card or whatever of something with reliable, decent rates, comparable to whatever the rates would be to just switch alltel over to an international plan, if that's possible.
    Any info you can provide would be great, I need this figured out before the 20th of march. :)

2. Pnknjnk

Pnknjnk Member

...seriously?
    Too much cricket chirpin'.
    Can anyone help? I'm 19 days from the deadline.

3. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

try chimenow.com for when away in foreign countries to text usa for free