1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB Flash Drive autorun?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by WierdName, Mar 11, 2007.

1. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Correct me if im wrong but I think this is the forum for this. Now, I want to know how to make one of those things that automatically run on flash drives A.K.A. pen drive, usb drive, usb stick, etc. I already tried a simple autorun.inf file but all it gave me was window's "what do you want to do with this drive?". Thanks in advance.

2. avlanche

avlanche Member

3. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Thanks, I'll look into those. For future reference though, I think it is only illegal on here to post a link to a site that could be considered as advertisement(i.e. to a pay-per-download site). Also, no direct links to torrents. Im not sure if it has changed but Im pretty sure your allowed to post a link to the home page of a torrent site. This is only what I think so its highly advisible for you(and probably me) to go actually look at the rules.

EDIT- My point was yes, its ok to post those links.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  4. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

I looked into them and although I has my attention now(lol), its not exactly what I meant. Im was looking for how to get it to launch an executable when you plug it in. Like with some of those drives that automatically pop up a box about it. Rather than using it as an OS bootup drive. Thanks.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

you need a batch file like autoexec.bat

6. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Tried it. What im talking about is not something that loads during the system start. I want to know how to make one of those things that pop up on some drives that show something like "check out our website" or "install drivers". This is after you have already loaded an OS. Im not meaning a bootdisk(although I setup linux on one:D) or a CD/DVD autorun. Im talking about a USB flash drive A.K.A. pen drive, thumb drive, USB drive, etc. autorun. Thanks again.

EDIT- tried to explain better

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007