1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB Game Pad 234995

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by PCHobby, Feb 1, 2009.

1. PCHobby

PCHobby Member

I have a USB Game Pad SKU#234995 made by Century Concept CCandU.com. My questions are, will this usb game pad only work with laptops that have diskette drives? If so why is that so? If this is not true where can I download a driver for this game pad so it will work on a laptop that does not have diskette drive? I'm using an HP Pavillion laptop running windows xp sp3.

I would like to give thanks to anybody that can answer these questions and help solve this problem.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

did it come with a floppy disk & do you know anybody who has a floppy drive in their pc?

3. PCHobby

PCHobby Member

No disc came with it. Yes it does work with a desktop pc with a diskette drive. I was wondering why it needs a pc with a diskette drive for it to work? Do you know of a special driver for it so it will work with a laptop with no diskette drive?

4. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Most USB game pads use windose universal drivers.

Note all though good god driver guide forums say they did not do any drivers for this 0-o

I might ahve found one tho

http://www.bioticaindia.com/234995.html
    er ...wait.....long in??...... ggrrrrr

I think I just feed my email to a fcking spam bot... well thats what netzero is for..but... I tried my google mail as well and I aint getting no notices of download this link or activate account...

oh well if I here from the site about the link I will put it on my site so you can direct download it, from the form posts in google search it seems the vendor/manufacturer forgot to add drivers when they slapped their name on it.

=====================
    scratch that I found it
    http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=314212

I wonder if
    drivers
    all
    still works as the name and password LOL

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  5. PCHobby

PCHobby Member

Hey, I tried the first link and had the same problem, where you send them your email address and no reponse, f....in' morons. I also tried the 2nd link 2 days ago and it did'nt work for XP or Vista. Believe it or not I found another website and got the same problem where they want you to register and they're supposed to send you a validation code or link and you get nothing. God that pisses me off!!
    www.Charydent.com/234995.html is the other site I found in case you were wondering.

Anyway I am thankful for your help, but I think I will just go ahead and buy a Logitech controller. I Know those work!

6. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Ya cheap pads are cheap I am getting one of these.

http://www.directron.com/2960686.html
    and its from a trusted brand.
    PS2 and PS3 compatible as well :X

7. PCHobby

PCHobby Member

That's cool. Is it true that there are drivers for ps3 controllers so they can work with xp and vista via usb cable? If so can you send me a link to download the driver?
    Thanks!

8. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

9. Shamb1es

Shamb1es Regular member

The DS3/Sixaxis driver is made by a 3rd party and hardly supported. Before you go out and buy a controller i'd find someone else with one and test it. When you install the libusb library and driver make sure you exactly follow the order in the instructions. So far I've gotten mine to work on my XP laptop, but not on my vista Laptop.

As far as your USB gamepad goes the fastest way to see if it will work is to test it out on a friends laptop. I don't imagine you should have any problems with a basid gamepad. I still have my gravis gamepad in my drawer from back in the day. Sadly my computer no longer has a serial port to connect it with. :p

10. Shamb1es

Shamb1es Regular member

11. PCHobby

PCHobby Member

Thanks guys and I will try those links and keep you posted.

12. PCHobby

PCHobby Member

ok i officially give up with this controller, does not work any pc unless you have a diskette drive or driver installed. Besides my new logitech rumble pack controller came yesterday and it works wonderfully.
    thanks to everyone for there input and website links.

13. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

heeheh ^^
    I use PS2 to USB converters mostly only half the PS2 controllers I have have to lose analog sticks...I got my stuff in but I forgot I chose to get a 60$ tablet and put off the fancy controller.

Uhg I haz a new mobo to put in as well... ><