1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by nsdancer, Jun 21, 2009.

  1. nsdancer

    nsdancer Member

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    I have a problem with my USB ports, both back and front. If I have the printer connected, and switch it on, the pc shuts down, and tries to re-start. If I plug a USB memory stick directly into the pc, it shuts down. If I plug the memory stick into a USB extension lead, the pc reads the content. If I plug a web-cam in directly, no problem.
    I have fitted a PCI USB card, did not help.
    I have fitted a higher rated power supply, did not help.
    Any ideas please, as I am getting very frustrated.
    Cheers,
    nsdancer.
     
  2. sammorris

    sammorris Senior member

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2004
    Messages:
    33,335
    Likes Received:
    7
    Trophy Points:
    118
    Sounds like a faulty motherboard.
     
  3. nsdancer

    nsdancer Member

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    Cheers, that's what I thought a while ago.
     

Share This Page