1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use a psp screen as a computer monitor..

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by aaargghh, Jan 1, 2008.

1. aaargghh

aaargghh Member

Hi,
    This is probably impossible but I have seen various ways of installing small screens in computer cases and I thought about doing it. I have a shuttle xpc so the psp screen size is perfect to fit inside the case.
    Is there any way or is there any tutorials that show you how to use a spare sony psp screen (actually made by sharp)as a computer monitor?
    Thanks

2. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

As a MONITOR? That sounds like a bad idea. I wouldn't even want to use a non HDTV screen as a monitor.

Maybe you mean like a side LCD thing? Well I figure LCD screens are made with a standardized input connectors no? Couldn't you just plug in the wires where the PSP wires went before?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  3. phill2000

phill2000 Guest

No you cant.

I know what you mean, as some of the HTPC cases have 7" touchscreen TFT's on them.

The resolution of the PSP screen itself is a different ratio to them used on PC's, and you would have no way of interfacing the screen to the PC.

The ones used in HTPC's use a piece of hardware to drive the screen, and does this bu utilising a 2nd output from a graphics card. Without some sort of hardware to convert from your video card / pc output to the PSP screen you won't get very far.

4. aaargghh

aaargghh Member

lol no not a monitor
    I did mean as a small screen to have on the side of a case,
    suppose I will have to stick to this :
    maybe I could test to see if this can somehow drive the smaller screen, but im better off with an lcd module kit or something.