1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use of DVDDecrypter + ANYDVD + COPY2DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sharjohn2, Feb 10, 2005.

1. sharjohn2

sharjohn2 Member

Is this correct?

First start AnyDVD, then DVDDecrypter to decrypt the dvd to a location on my hard drive?

Second do I keep AnyDVD running then use DVD2One to shrink to another file on my hard drive? Is AnyDVD necessary or recommended to be running at same time as DVD2One to shrink?

Third, do I have to have any other software running when I burn the DVD with Copy2DVD?

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

Firstly, what movie are you trying to burn?
    You may not need AnyDVD at all.
    DVD Decrypter should be able to handle all the latest protections.
    You should not have other programs running whilst burning, only the program which is doing the burn.

3. sharjohn2

sharjohn2 Member

I am trying to burn Forgotten. I was unable to view the copy I made, as it was all black. The previews and menus came up ok, just not the movie. I heard that DVD Decrypter had been updated prior to my trying this burn, but still no luck. I then read that I may need to have AnyDVD running in the background. Any recommendations are appreciated.

4. hursty

hursty Active member

dvd decrypter should rip this movie fine

what settings have you used?

set removal method to aggressive
    css cracking to brute force>i/o key exchange

5. sharjohn2

sharjohn2 Member

Hursty, thank you, I will try these settings tonight. Do I need to run ANYDVD at the same time?

Do you recomend DVD2One or DVD Shrink

6. hursty

hursty Active member

just leave anydvd on all the time,as long as you can see the little fox on the toolbar,its working

it wont do any harm,it can only enhance the chance of ripping a dvd

i always use dvd shrink.....because its free.

see this,

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/158602

7. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

The "AnyDVD / CloneDVD2" combo is already being covered in another thread:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/157977

I easily overcame several problems using that combo, without Decrypter.

Shrink is simple also, but free, and so you could use that until you encounter other issues / error messages and then switch to the above combo.

Also...

The Forgotten uses a new brand of copy protection so do not expect to break it with the conventional applications.

From a recent afterdawn.com newsletter, via ericbee in the following thread:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/149212

"A new version of SONY's DVD copy protection system ARccOS has been compromised. The protection is on the DVD version of the movie "The Forgotten" scheduled for DVD release on January 18th 2005. Today, January 17th, The new version of the popular tool AnyDVD by the Antiguan software company SlySoft, which eliminates this protection, was released. "We remove copy protections faster, than the movie industry can deploy them" says SlySoft's CEO Giancarlo Bettini very pleased. "Maybe the movie industry will start to reconsider using these useless copy protections. They cost money and may cause compatibility problems with the customer's equipment". "

8. calude

calude Member

hi guys,
    i will trying to burn "little black book" tonight but i was told that it contains new encryptions that only DVDDecrypter can do. But, from reading here it looks like DVD Decrypter is a software that runs in the back ground. Am I correct with that? So does that mean that DVDDecrypter will not read and burn the DVD. Do i really need more then one program. Can someone tell me briefly the way DVDDecrypter works. Also everyone is mentionning about DVD Shrink, i read that you loose lots of quality with that program...is that true? I presently use DVDXCopy platium, so can i still use it with DVDDecrypter in the back ground...can someone please shine some light on my situation it would be greatly appreciated....

Thank you

9. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

I have never understood why people go on about Decrypter as though it's the automatic answer. It doesn't always work. Read the previous post again and head on over to:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/157977

We've discussed a number of issues and more than one person has overcome issues with the "AnyDVD / CloneDVD2" combo, as discussed there!

10. goodjam

goodjam Member

I was able to burn Lil Black Box (movie title) wioth no problem using Decryp then Shrink

11. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

Good. Some can, however several can't and it's a waste of time to get all upset about it when another combo will work. See the post previous to yours and check the link.

12. wild77

wild77 Guest

Lots of people have had success with Decrypter and Shrink without the need for AnyDVD.Personally I have not found the need for it,go with whatever works for you.AnyDVD is probably the easier way around the new movies.One of these days I will get around to trying it out.

13. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

Lots of people haven't had luck with Decrypter, as can be seen in any number of threads and posts.

It is precisely because people should go with what works that there is a need for a good combo like the one discussed above.

Decrypter has its ardent fans, but there can be no certainty.

"AnyDVD is probably the easier way around the new movies"
    It is. In a recent afterdawn article, I believe Sony makes reference to it and there is a comment from the AnyDVD chief man, saying that his company can break the encryption faster than it can be made... so it should not be made, as it messes up people's hardware setups.

True.