1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Used read buffer problems with nero 6

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by quizman86, Aug 19, 2004.

1. quizman86

quizman86 Guest

I have nero 6 and half of the time it will burn my dvds just fine and the other half the used read buffer will shoot down to 50 percent and stay there for more then half the burn and take double the time. I already tried some of the solutions i read on here and when i set them to PIO ONLY then restarted, then set it to DMA ONLY, restarted again and it started working properly, 2 days down the road it started doing it again and its really frustrating, i hope someone can help me with this, i am using a variety of media such as ritek 4x dvd+r and verbatim dvd +r and i have to dvd burners, a nec 1100-A, and a I/O Magic, the nec is a 4x burner and the I/O is an 8x burner. PLEEAASSSSEEE can someone help me it would be greatly apreciated.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

how much ram do you have? are you doing anything on the computer while burning? did you close all unneeded programs before burning?

3. quizman86

quizman86 Guest

im not running any other program while nero is running i closed out of everything not needed.

4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

The fact that you are reseting the IDE Bus to PIO Mode and back for a temporary resolution would indicate that there is a problem with the IDE bus supporting DMA.

Did you make sure you have the latest driver for your IDE controller?

Do you have any program that could affect the IDE bus and it's drivers? Such as Intel's Application Accelerator program?

Regards,

Craig

5. quizman86

quizman86 Guest

How can i update my driver for the ide?

6. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

You can obtain it from the Motheboard MFG, which is the preferable way, or obtain it from the IDE controller MFG.

Regards,

Craig