1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Usenet/Newsrover Not Connecting

Discussion in 'Usenet newsgroups - Help, how-tos and discussion' started by wrathloki, Sep 23, 2008.

1. wrathloki

wrathloki Regular member

So I just recently signed up to usenet with an unlimited download account and I downloaded newsrover from them to use to download things. I just downloaded a group of files that was about 50 gigabytes and that downloaded just fine, in less than a day even. But now a couple days later anything I try to download doesn't work, it just keeps flashing "waiting 10 seconds to reconnect" and "proxy failed". What could have changed in the last couple days that this wouldn't work? This is driving me nuts, can someone please help me out?

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I'm not a pro at Usenet, but I'd be willing to bet your ISP is interferring. What ISP do you have?

3. wrathloki

wrathloki Regular member

Comcast, but I was under the impression they were done with that kind of thing after the lawsuit was finished and with the cap on usage.

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

5. wrathloki

wrathloki Regular member

I have a third party usenet service from usenet.com, those are not affected in this, comcast just shut down their own free service from giganews. Thanks for the info, but this doesn't explain my problem :(. I just wish usenet.com would get back to me but they'll probably wait until after this months service is over and I cancel.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  6. MemberX

MemberX Member

I have same problem in the last couple days with an usenet unlimited download account. I try to download doesn't work it`s say:

"29.9.2008 20:29:48 Unable to connect / authenticate server: Usenet @ unlimited.usenet.com (connect: WSocketResolveHost: Cannot convert host address 'unlimited.usenet.com', Error #11004)."

7. wrathloki

wrathloki Regular member

The error I'm getting is
    01:40:53 In:
    ÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌÌ01:40:53 In: 550 PROXY FAILED reading item sorry (40.un.cache:119)